- Flood Warning for Clarke County, Virginia
- Flood Warning issued May 20 at 9:43AM EDT until May 20 at 9:00PM EDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 9:43 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 9 p.m.
...The flood warning is cancelled for the following rivers in
Rappahannock River at Remington affecting Culpeper and Fauquier
...The flood warning continues for the following rivers in
Potomac River at Shepherdstown affecting Washington...Berkeley and
Potomac River at Point of Rocks affecting Frederick and Loudoun
Potomac River at Edwards Ferry affecting Montgomery and Loudoun
Potomac River at Little Falls affecting Montgomery...Fairfax and
Shenandoah River at Millville affecting Clarke...Warren and
Opequon Creek near Martinsburg affecting Berkeley and Jefferson
Cacapon River near Great Cacapon affecting Morgan County
...Flood Warning extended until this evening...
The Flood Warning continues for
The Shenandoah River at Millville.
* Until this evening.
* At 9 AM Sunday the stage was 10.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at
9 AM Sunday was 10.2 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact...At 10.0 feet...Parts of Bloomery Road and John Rissler
Road are flooded near Bloomery, West Virginia. Once these roads
flood, access to homes is impaired but the homes themselves are not
in any danger of flooding. Moulton Park and the Millville boat
launch are also flooded.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 10.6 feet
on May 27 2017.
River Flood Observed 2PM 8PM 2AM 8AM Crest
Location Stage Stg Day Time Sun Sun Mon Mon Stg Day Time
Millville 10.0 10.2 Sun 9 AM 10.0 9.9 9.3 8.8