- Flood Warning for Clarke County, Virginia
- Flood Warning issued June 24 at 9:00PM EDT until June 25 at 2:50AM EDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 9 p.m.
- Expires: Monday, June 25, 2018 at 2:50 a.m.
...The flood warning continues for the following rivers in
Shenandoah River at Millville affecting Clarke...Warren and
...Flood Warning extended until late tonight...
The Flood Warning continues for
The Shenandoah River at Millville.
* Until late tonight.
* At 8 PM Sunday the stage was 10.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Recent activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at
8 PM Sunday was 10.6 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
early this evening.
* Impact...At 10.0 feet...Parts of Bloomery Road and John Rissler
Road are flooded near Bloomery, West Virginia. Once these roads
flood, access to homes is impaired but the homes themselves are not
in any danger of flooding. Moulton Park and the Millville boat
launch are also flooded.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 8.4 feet
on May 6 2009.
River Flood Observed 2PM 8PM 2AM 8AM Crest
Location Stage Stg Day Time Sun Sun Mon Mon Stg Day Time
Millville 10.0 10.0 Sun 8 PM 8.6 8.3 7.9 7.6