- Yorktown Girls’ Soccer Three-Peats as District Champs
- Modell’s Opens Newest Store
- O’Connell Softball Wins 10th Straight WCAC Title
- Five Northern Region Athletes Compete at Capital Classic
- Bishop O’Connell Softball Survives Scare from McLean
- Editorial: Remembering on Memorial Day
- Editorial: Vote in Spite of Election Fatigue
- Vote in Spite of Election Fatigue
- Letter: Start Your Engines
- Editorial: Some Limits, More Disclosure
- Learning about Immigration Reform
- Tejada on State of the County
- Will Arlington Food Trucks Be Able to Park Longer Than Two Hours or After 8 p.m.?
- Debate About Public-Private Partnerships Will Have Lasting Consequences in Arlington
- Arlington Streetcar: Desire or Disaster?
Republican convention selects conservative slate of candidates for November.
Perhaps the biggest sign that the Tea Party has taken control of the Republican Party of Virginia was the yellow Gadsden flag emblem that appeared on placards distributed by supporters of Jeannemarie Devolites Davis, who was one of seven candidates vying to be the nominee for lieutenant governor last weekend at a raucous convention in Richmond. Davis, who represented Fairfax County for a decade in the General Assembly, has a reputation as being a moderate.
“Flourishing After 55” from Arlington’s Office of Senior Adult Programs for June 1-8.
Go Dancing At the Ballroom at Artisphere, 1101 Wilson Blvd., Arlington. Call 703-228-1850. Salsa Tuesdays. 7:30-8:30 p.m. dance class; 8:30-11 p.m. dancing. Dance Wednesdays. 7:30-8:30 p.m. dance classes; 8:30-11 p.m. dancing. Tickets are $15/$12 at door. On Wednesdays, dance at Artisphere to zydeco, cajun, rock, R&B and swing. 11:01 Saturday Nights. Starts at 11:01 p.m. Late-night dance party. Tickets are $15/$12 students.
Forum provides information about a national debate.
As Congress tries to tackle immigration reform, residents gathered in an auditorium at Kenmore Middle School on Tuesday, May 14, to learn about the various and complex parts of this issue. U.S. Rep. Jim Moran (D-8) started the forum off by speaking of one area of common ground between both sides of the immigration reform debate.
Last Thursday, People gathered at the Artisphere on Thursday, May 16, to attend another event of the second annual Urban Corps hip-hop festival that was taking place in Washington from May 12-18.