Like millions of Virginians, we work hard. As home care providers, we work every day to help older adults and people with disabilities live ind...
Submit civic/community announcements at ConnectionNewspapers.com/Calendar. Photos and artwork welcome. Deadline is Thursday at noon, at least two w...
Submit entertainment announcements at www.connectionnewspapers.com/Calendar/. The deadline is noon on Friday. Photos/artwork encouraged. Ongoing ...
It’s shortly after 7 p.m. on a Tuesday night, and state Sen. Scott Surovell (D-36) is working the Senate chamber to save the minimum wage incre...
- 13th Annual Exceptional Schools Fair 2019 0 comments
- Integrity And Ethical Business Practices In Real Estate And Property Management 0 comments
- Sarku Japan Grand Opening Event at Dulles Expo Center Location, VA 0 comments
- Will Your Business or Organization Be Featured in the 2018-2019 Newcomers & Community Guide? 0 comments
- Be Part of the Pet Connection 0 comments
- Senior Living Special Focus edition publishing soon 0 comments
- Opinion: Commentary: We Both Deserve $15. Why Don’t Our Virginia Senators Think So?
- Why a Regional Wage in Virginia?
- General Assembly Snuffs Marijuana Legalization Hopes for Now in Virginia
- Over 1,000 Democrat-Backed Bills Pass by Crossover in Virginia
- Cracking Down on Predatory Student Lenders
- Northern Virginia Senior Olympics Offers Fun and Fitness
- Pickleball Over Parkinson’s?
- Virginia Student-Athletes Receive Further Concussion Protection
- Local Talent on Global Stage
- Generals Fall to Bulldogs in Overtime
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Ending Predatory Lending
- Opinion: Commentary: Arlington County Board Members Libby Garvey and Matt de Ferranti on Airport Noise
- Opinion: Column: One Step Forward, Hopefully Not Two Steps Backward
- Opinion: Commentary: Arriving at Crossover with Many Bills Moving in Virginia
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Art Space Needed
Effort to raise minimum wage hits snag on Senate floor, leading to regional approach.
It’s shortly after 7 p.m. on a Tuesday night, and state Sen. Scott Surovell (D-36) is working the Senate chamber to save the minimum wage increase. This particular Tuesday isn’t just any day of the week. It’s the final deadline for Senate bills to cross over to the House, so the pressure is building as the clock winds down. Senators are tired and cranky, and they will be working past midnight.