- Flood Watch for Rappahannock County, Virginia
- Flood Watch issued September 09 at 2:15PM EDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 7:03 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 11:45 p.m.
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of Maryland, The District of Columbia, Virginia, and
West Virginia, including the following areas, in Maryland,
Anne Arundel, Carroll, Central and Eastern Allegany, Central
and Southeast Howard, Central and Southeast Montgomery,
Extreme Western Allegany, Frederick MD, Northern Baltimore,
Northwest Harford, Northwest Howard, Northwest Montgomery,
Prince Georges, Southeast Harford, Southern Baltimore, and
Washington. The District of Columbia. In Virginia,
Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, Clarke, Culpeper, Eastern
Loudoun, Fairfax, Frederick VA, Greene, Madison, Northern
Fauquier, Northern Virginia Blue Ridge, Orange, Page, Prince
William/Manassas/Manassas Park, Rappahannock, Rockingham,
Shenandoah, Southern Fauquier, Warren, and Western Loudoun. In
West Virginia, Berkeley, Eastern Grant, Eastern Mineral,
Eastern Pendleton, Hampshire, Hardy, Jefferson, Morgan,
Western Grant, Western Mineral, and Western Pendleton.
* Through late tonight
* Moderate to locally heavy rain is expected into tonight.
Average rainfall amounts around 2 to 4 inches are expected
during this time, with locally higher amounts possible.
* The soaking rain will cause creeks and streams to gradually
rise, possibly out of their banks. Flooding of urban areas is
possible as well.