- Flood Watch for Nelson County, Virginia
- Flood Watch issued September 09 at 9:12PM EDT by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 5 a.m.
- Expires: Monday, September 10, 2018 at 8 a.m.
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH MONDAY MORNING...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia, including
the following areas, in Maryland, Carroll, Central and Eastern
Allegany, Central and Southeast Howard, Extreme Western
Allegany, Frederick MD, Northern Baltimore, Northwest Harford,
Northwest Howard, Southeast Harford, Southern Baltimore, and
Washington. In Virginia, Clarke, Frederick VA, Northern
Virginia Blue Ridge, Page, Rockingham, Shenandoah, and Warren.
In West Virginia, Berkeley, Eastern Grant, Eastern Mineral,
Eastern Pendleton, Hampshire, Hardy, Jefferson, Morgan,
Western Grant, Western Mineral, and Western Pendleton.
* Through Monday morning
* Moderate to locally heavy rain is expected into tonight.
Average rainfall amounts around 2 to 4 inches are expected
during this time, with locally higher amounts possible.
* The soaking rain will cause creeks and streams to gradually
rise, possibly out of their banks. Flooding of urban areas is
possible as well.