- Flood Watch for Lee County, Virginia
- Flood Watch issued February 17 at 3:01PM EST by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 4:09 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 10:15 p.m.
...Moderate to locally heavy rain may cause flooding...
.Moderate to locally heavy rainfall will continue over East
Tennessee and Southwest Virginia this afternoon through this
evening. Rain amounts will be greatest in Southwest Virginia and
the northern Cumberland Plateau, where between 1 and 1 1/2 inches
of rain is expected. With the ground having been saturated by
recent rainfall, this additional rain may cause flooding of creeks
and streams, as well as low lying areas.
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, including
the following areas, in East Tennessee, Campbell, Claiborne,
Hancock, and Scott TN. In Southwest Virginia, Lee, Russell,
Scott, and Wise.
* Until 10 PM EST this evening
* Rain amounts through this evening between 1 inch and 1 1/2
inches are expected. With the ground being nearly saturated
from recent rainfall, excessive runoff may produce flooding of
low lying areas, street flooding, and stream and river
* People in the watch area should be aware of the threat of
heavy rainfall. Avoid low lying areas...and be careful when
approaching highway dips and underpasses. If you come to a
closed or flooded road...Turn around! Don`t drown!