- Flood Watch for Giles County, Virginia
- Flood Watch issued February 11 at 7:35AM EST until further notice by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 1:45 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 9:45 p.m.
...Moderate to heavy rain expected through the weekend...
.A cold front will move slowly east across the Appalachians
tonight. Several waves of low pressure will move northeast along
the front resulting in multiple periods of moderate to heavy rain.
This rainfall, in addition to snowmelt in the upper reaches of
the Greenbrier and James Rivers, may result in flooding.
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH MONDAY MORNING...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of North Carolina, Virginia, and southeast West
Virginia, including the following areas, in North Carolina,
Alleghany NC, Ashe, Surry, Watauga, and Wilkes. In Virginia,
Amherst, Bedford, Bland, Carroll, Floyd, Franklin, Giles,
Grayson, Montgomery, Patrick, Pulaski, Roanoke, Smyth,
Tazewell, and Wythe. In southeast West Virginia, Mercer.
* Through Monday morning
* Periods of moderate to heavy rainfall are expected. Another 1 to
2 inches of rain are possible today.
* Excessive rainfall, combined with an already saturated ground,
may lead to flooding along streams, creeks, rivers and in low