- Flood Watch for Dickenson County, Virginia
- Flood Watch issued September 27 at 2:54PM EDT until September 28 at 4:30AM EDT by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 10:36 p.m.
- Expires: Friday, September 28, 2018 at 4:30 a.m.
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT TONIGHT...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of southwest Virginia and West Virginia, including
the following areas, in southwest Virginia, Buchanan and
Dickenson. In West Virginia, Barbour, Braxton, Clay, Gilmer,
Lewis, McDowell, Northwest Fayette, Northwest Nicholas,
Northwest Pocahontas, Northwest Raleigh, Northwest Randolph,
Northwest Webster, Southeast Fayette, Southeast Nicholas,
Southeast Pocahontas, Southeast Raleigh, Southeast Randolph,
Southeast Webster, Upshur, and Wyoming.
* Until midnight EDT tonight
* Soils across the watch area are nearly saturated due to previous
rainfall. Additional rain, heavy at times, will continue this
afternoon and into the evening hours. Rainfall totals of two
inches or more are possible in a few locations.
* Flooding of creeks, streams, low lying and poor drainage areas
will be possible.